The following warranty conditions complement your legal rights.
How The Warranty Applies
As the manufacturers, we warrant against possible manufacturing defects, provided the following conditions are satisfied:
- Proof of purchase. The warranty starts on the date of purchase.
- Only the first owner is entitled to the warranty.
- The claim can only be assessed by Reef Bikes Headquarters
3 Years Warranty on the Bike Frame only.
1 Year Warranty on all mechanical and electrical parts, except for wear and tear items.
1 Year Warranty on the battery, and only if capacity is under 15% of originial rating. This can only be verified by the REEF Bikes Headquarters.
How The Warranty Does Not Apply
- When the bicycle is used negligently or results in damage due to traffic accident, your bicycle is not covered under warranty.
- When your battery starts to lose capcity and runs for less distance, this is not covered under warranty.
- Top Speed is not covered under warranty, if your bicycle does not reach estimated top speeds, this is not covered under warranty.
- Distance per Charge is not covered under warranty, if your bicycle does not reach the factory estimated distance advertised, (this is only an estimate), this is not covered under warranty. As batteries do lose capacity naturally.
- Damage ascribed to normal wear and tear and maintenence. Wear and tear and maintenence parts that are not covered under warranty include: Tyres, Tubes, Brakes, Brake Pads, Wheel Spokes, Derailleur Tuning, Gear Adjustments, Bottom Bracket Tightening, Handlebar adjustments.
- Poor maintenance, or any modifications to the bicycle and components
- Damage due to external causes.
- Any minor scratches, marks or imperfections will not be covered.
- The bicycle is put up for hire.
- The battery pack is used incorrectly or tampered with. Also applies during charging.- Compensatory costs arising from damages or accidents, or cost incurred by loss of the bicycle’s usage.
- Repairs that have not been approved by REEF will not be covered.
How The Warranty Covers
Original defective parts that are sent to REEF Service Centers for assessment will be replaced by the same or equal value part. Labor and transportation charges are not included. This is accepted by the owner. REEF Bikes exclusively makes the decision whether or not the warranty applies.