How The Warranty Applies
As the manufacturers, we warrant against possible manufacturing defects, provided the following conditions are satisfied:
- Warranty Claim Form must be submitted for approval
- Proof of purchase. The warranty starts on the date of purchase.
- Only the first owner is entitled to the warranty.
- The claim can only be assessed by Reef Bikes Headquarters
3 Years Warranty on the Bike Frame only.
1 Year Warranty on all other parts, mechanical and electrical parts.
1 Year Warranty on the battery, and only if capacity is under 5% of originial rating, or if it does not turn your bike on at all. This can only be verified by the REEF Bikes Headquarters.
How The Warranty Does Not Apply
- When the bicycle is used negligently or results in damage due to traffic accident, your bicycle is not covered under warranty.
- When your battery starts to lose capcity and runs for less distance, this is not covered under warranty.
- Top Speed is not covered under warranty, if your bicycle does not reach estimated top speeds, this is not covered under warranty.
- Distance per Charge is not covered under warranty, if your bicycle does not reach the factory estimated distance advertised, (this is only an estimate), this is not covered under warranty. As batteries do lose capacity naturally.
- The battery pack is used incorrectly or tampered with, this will void your warranty.
- If you have not charged your battery regularly, if you have left your battery sitting unused for over a month, this is will void your warranty.
- If you have damaged your charger or battery by incorrect use, this will not be covered under warranty
- Damage ascribed to normal wear and tear and maintenence. Wear and tear and maintenence parts that are not covered under warranty include: Tyres, Tubes, Brakes, Brake Pads, Wheel Spokes, Derailleur Tuning, Gear Adjustments, Bottom Bracket Tightening, Handlebar adjustments, tightening all nuts.
- Poor maintenance will void your warranty.
- Rust and corrosion is a result of poor maintenance, and will not be covered.
- Modifications to the bicycle and components will not be covered
- Damage due to external causes, or act of nature will not be covered
- Any minor scratches, marks or imperfections will not be covered.
- If the bicycle is put up for hire, this will void the warranty.
- Compensation for any type of loss will not be covered.
- Reef Bikes will only provide the spare replacement parts. Parts only warranty cover. Any labour will not be covered and is at the cost of the customer.
- Repairs that have not been approved by Reef Bikes will not be covered.
How The Warranty Covers
Original defective parts that are sent to REEF Service Centers for assessment will be replaced by the same or equal value part. Labour and transportation charges are not included. This is accepted by the owner. REEF Bikes exclusively makes the decision whether or not the warranty applies. Warranty form must be submitted for approval.